fixed1t Mac Support 728x90

Amazon Best Deals

Search This Blog

Monday 28 October 2013

Fixing iTunes You do not have enough access privileges for this operation Error - 45054

Hi,
One of my fixed1t software users did an update which included iTunes with a view to moving to Mavericks.  He then went to open iTunes to test it out but it totally refused to work and displayed the following dialogue:


You do not have enough access privileges for this operation
Clicking OK then brought up the following Dialogue:


An unknown error occurred (-45054)
He asked if I could kindly take a look into it and I have 'Another fixed1t Software Solution.

Looking at the relevant iTunes files and associated files and folders I spotted that the Users folder was missing an innocuous System Folder named Shared that needs to be present in the Users Folder.



Screen capture of Users folder - No Shared folder is present

Here is the youtube video I created to enable me to fix this problem, I hope it helps you.





Once you've complete the instruction in the video and go  back to the Applications Folder and open iTunes it should now spring back into life with the errors gone, it worked for me.




As with all system fixes, it would be advisable to logout and log back in again to see if it still works.  If it doesn't rebuild and fix the disc permissions.


I'll do another blog about that shortly.


If you a Garageband User check out my converter and sample/loop extractor videos on youtube.


fixed1t mac garageband to iPad converter video


If this fixed your problem and saved you valuable time please consider making a small donation using the Donate button at the top of the right hand column. Even a few dollars really helps and we all know how expensive it is to call an expert in.  But if you don't wish to donate thats fine but it would useful if you could give the fix a thumbs up and pop back to leave a message.


Please check out my other videos and blogs.  

Many Thanks 

fixed1t

21 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, thank you so much! My error -45054 got so bad that it wouldn't even let me open itunes anymore, it would immediately crash after clicking "OK" on the Error -45054 message. After following this tutorial it works perfectly! YAY~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the feedback, it makes it all worthwhile :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Cheers, the positive comments make all the head scratching worthwhile, truth is I just love solving technical queries. I have a big one just arrived with Apple rewriting the Mac X and iOS Garageband programs, preventing my users and I from sharing songs between Mac Garageband and iDevices and can be seen in my Mac Music Software blog. But each wall they build I love finding a workaround. The only problem is it takes up more time than writing the music LOL I hope you subscribe.

      Thanks fixed1t

      Delete
  3. i'm having this problem but it isn't working for me! could you please help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry Connor I missed you post, did you find a fix?

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much, really helped

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your most welcome, I know how frustrating it is myself when the search engines send you to tens of sites that allege they have the answer but are just replications of another fix that doesn't work. And your kind feedback makes it worth while.

      Thanks

      Delete
  5. You are the BEST! took me so long to try to fix it, and here it was, all the time. THANK you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of help, as you can see from my latest youtube video, I broke my Mac Adobe CS suite replicating this error to video the fix, LOL

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enTN_QRCnAU

      Thanks for the nice comment it makes it worthwhile.


      Delete
  6. Brilliant. It took some time with Terminal and Disk Utility but eventually it worked. This is the only place on the Internet I could find the solution. I just downloaded Apple's latest update but it didn't fix it. I even reinstalled my previous iTunes version but it said the files had been modified for the new one and couldn't open any more! It has been weeks since I could back up my iPad and iPhone. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOops I missed you comment, thanks for it and so pleased it helped.

      Delete
  7. How do I solve this problem on windows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Josh,

      I haven't come across it in windows, but I'll take a look, which windows operating system are you running? windows 8.1, 8. 7, Vista, XP... Please let me know so I can reproduce the error. When did it start and does stepping back to the previous version fix it?

      Regards fixed1t

      Delete
    2. I am also having this problem on Windows 7. Ive done 3 system restores, uninstalled and reinstalled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Delete
    3. The same problem in Windows XP

      Delete
  8. I have this problem under Windows 8.1 too. First I couldn't synchronise my iPhone with iTunes and wasn't able to Access the iTunes Store at all. This could be solved by deleting the SC Info Folder under \ProgramData\Apple Computer\iTunes and then restarting the PC. But I still have Problems purchasing items in the Store, as the -45054 message Pops up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome. I had the Shared folder, but not the permissions. chmod did the trick. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am having a similar problem.
    I have a 10.6.8 Mac
    When trying to download from itunes, it tells me "there was an error in the itunes store.An unknown error -45054"
    I tried to follow your steps but didn't work. I looked under users and I do have a shared folder. However, i proceded to Terminal, enterd in all the info, but I do not know the password! I am the owner and the administrator, but don't know the password! How do I find it, or how do I fox this problem another way?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Worked perfectly. Couldn't have been easier. Running 10.6.8 and had to use 777 instead of 1777.

    ReplyDelete

Its only worth while me spending time on blogs If I know they are being read and it is not easy to know. So If you have taken time to read a blog entry then please leave a comment or question. Thanks Malcolm