fixed1t Mac Support 728x90

Amazon Best Deals

Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Mac Photos Library Backup To Blu Ray - Part 2 The Technology

Despite all the Hi-Tech things I do, I'm running a fairly old MacBook Pro 17" which is 3+ years old and I'm running Yosemite, as can be seem from the About This Mac dump below:



What can also be seen from the system report below is that although it can read and write to CD's and DVD's.  Writing to DVD's does give me the option of saving my data to 4.7 gigabyte DVD disks, but the 23gigabytes of video or photo sample data would eat 4 - 5 DVD's and take a long time to back up.


One would have thought that given that the Sony Blu Ray format has been around for a number of years, that the latest Apple drives would be able to Read Blu Ray and Write Blu Ray by now.

Unfortunately, my research has turned up a strict negative with this respect.  Apple Macs do not natively possess an internal Apple drive that can write a Blu Ray data disk.

So the problem highlight in the first video:

Mac Photos Library Backup To Blu Ray - Part 1 The Problem


Still needs to be resolved.

In the next blog/video I'll investigate the Mac Compatible Blu Ray drives I considered.

To Be Continued...

#fixed1tMacsupport

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its only worth while me spending time on blogs If I know they are being read and it is not easy to know. So If you have taken time to read a blog entry then please leave a comment or question. Thanks Malcolm